As a Sony consumer, you might have access to a variety of wide-angle Sony E-mount lens choices. And, in numerous focal lengths in addition. However, you’ll have to determine which lens is probably the most appropriate in your images work.
So, that will help you determine which large angle Sony E-Mount lens is right for you, take a look at our choice of the highest 5 under.
Sony Wide Angle E-Mount Lenses for Your Images Work
The Greatest Wide Angle Sony E-Mount Lens Options
When buying a brand new lens on your digital camera physique, chances are you’ll feel overwhelmed by the obtainable choices available on the market. With a large choice of new, revolutionary gear, it’s greatest to do your research earlier than making an enormous investment.
You’ll have to determine which lens is probably the most appropriate on your images work. Listed here are our prime picks for large angle Sony E-mount lens options:
The 24mm 1.eight extensive angle lens for Sony E-Mount
The primary large angle Sony E-mount lens is the Zeiss 24mm 1.eight. This lens is designed with the Sonnar optical system which improves image dimensionality and presence.
What we like about this lens is the large aperture of f1.8. There are a number of causes that’s necessary however listed here are the primary two:
- you’ll get a softer, bokeh infused background
- it’s nice for capturing in low mild conditions because it permits in additional mild
What’s extra is that this lens also lets you shoot 1/4 macro. Meaning you’ll be able to focus in your subject as shut 6.2-inches away.
The Sony 24mm lens has a hard and fast focal length. It has a direct guide focus and the operations are quick, clean and quiet. This lens is a top quality selection for any photographer who prefers a hard and fast focal size with high-quality performance.
- Employs the legendary “Sonnar” optical design for standout image dimensionality and presence
- Seven aperture blades type a close to circle, which leads to a lovely defocused effect on the background of your picture…
- Permits for 1/4 macro capturing with accurate focus as close as 6.2 inches (16cm)
- Direct Guide Focus (DMF) permits for direct guide focusing after autofocus lock-on with out having to modify modes
- Lens operation is quick however at the similar time clean and quiet, minimizing noise and picture jitter when capturing films
RELATED POST: The Greatest Zoom Lenses for Sony Mirrorless Cameras
The Sony 16-35mm large angle E-mount lens
The subsequent wide-angle Sony E-mount lens is the 16-35mm F4. This lens can be an awesome selection for panorama photographers. However, with a minimal focus distance at zero.92 ft, it’s useful for different purposes as nicely.
It has built-in stabilization to attenuate quality issues from digital camera shake. Plus, the design of the lens is mud and moisture resistant.
With an aperture of F4, the pictures created with this lens are crisp and filled with detail. Its refined optics deliver beautiful photographs. Although, it wouldn’t be great for capturing in low mild circumstances.
For photographers targeted on capturing wide-angle perspectives with high-quality detail, this lens is ideal.
- Ultimate for landscapes and the a7 collection of full frame cameras, ZEISS T (T star) coating to scale back flare and ghosting
- Minimal Focus Distance : 0.92 ft (zero.28 m), Maximum Magnification ratio : 0.19x, Focal-Size : 5/8 – 1-3/eight Inches
- Three ED glass parts to suppress chromatic distortion, fixed F4 maximum aperture throughout the zoom vary
- Built-in Optical Regular Shot image stabilization, mud and moisture resistant design
- Angle of View (35 mm)107°-63° Angle of View (APS-C) 83°-44°. Weight- 18.Three ounce.Optical Design : 12 Parts in 10…
The 10-18mm vast angle lens for Sony E-mount cameras
The third extensive angle Sony E-mount lens is the 10-18mm F4. This lens has a really extensive angle perspective, with the focal size starting at a minimal of 10mm and a maximum of 18 mm.
The aperture of this lens goes from f/4 to f/22. That’s a helpful enough vary for panorama, road, and actual property images.
The 10-18mm lens is assured to create dynamic and totally different perspectives in your pictures. And, your photographs shall be sharp and crisp. What more are you able to ask for?
- Angle of View (APS-C) – 109 ° – 76 °
- Minimal focal length of 10 mm (15 mm in 35 mm-camera equivalency)
- Minimal Focus Distance : 0.82 ft (0.25 m), Maximum Magnification ratio : zero.1x
- Fantastically detailed pictures;Aperture Most: f/4 ; Minimum: f/22. 35mm equivalent focal-length (APS-C) : 15-27mm
- In-the-box:Hood (ALC-SH123), Lens front cap, Lens rear cap
The 12-24mm Sony large angle lens for E-mount cameras
The fourth vast angle Sony E-mount lens is the 12-24 F4.
It has a G Lens design to make sure corner-to-corner excessive resolution. This ensures there’s enough mild being forged clear to the sides of the lens, thus decreasing vignetting.
Moreover, the lens has a beginning aperture range at F/4. A cool function on many Sony lenses, together with this one, is the fixed aperture. Meaning, for those who set your aperture to f4 while capturing at a large angle corresponding to 12mm, then improve your focal length, say to 24mm, the aperture stays put at F4. Not all lenses are capable of this, so the Sony lenses get some brownie points for having it.
The round aperture design creates a softer, larger high quality bokeh.
An fascinating function on this lens is its 7-blade round aperture. This creates the appearance of sentimental, interesting bokeh. Undoubtedly a plus in our e-book.
The interior mechanics make the lens fast, but quiet. And we wouldn’t be doing this lens justice with out mentioning how lightweight and moveable it’s. It weighs simply 1.25 lbs.
- G Lens design for corner-to-corner high resolution
- Maximum magnification ratio (x) :zero.14.Premium Optics; 4 aspherical, 1 Tremendous ED, Three ED glass parts
- Fixed F4 max aperture maintains publicity and Depth of area
- 7-blade circular aperture contributes to lovely bokeh
- Direct Drive Supersonic Wave motor for quick, quiet, exact focus
RELATED POST: Top Reasons To Choose A Wide Angle Lens
The 28mm extensive angle lens for Sony E-mount cameras
The fifth vast angle Sony E-mount lens is the 28mm F2. For those who’re buying on a price range, this is the perfect bang on your buck.
Shoot, even in case you’re not a finances, this lens nonetheless delivers the goods.
In addition to being probably the most reasonably priced choice, the optics of this lens are simply outstanding.
And I say that from personal experience capturing with it. It’s the go-to lens once I’m capturing with my A7rIII.
With a 28mm focal size and brilliant F2 aperture, it produces great photographs in a number of capturing conditions from road images to way of life photographs as well as landscapes.
The lens has a 9-blade circular aperture that provides to the mushy bokeh impact you need on your portrait pictures.
Another perk is that it’s suitable with Sony’s a7 collection cameras and 35mm full-frame E-mount cameras.
This lens not solely creates beautiful pictures, however is straightforward to hold with its compact and lightweight design. It’s knowledgeable software that’s quick, straightforward to use, and produces high-quality portrait and panorama pictures for photographers.
- An ideal match for α7 collection, 35mm full-frame E-mount cameras, Excellent optical efficiency in a large 28mm focal…
- Angle of view (35 mm)75 °,Angle of view (APS-C) 54 °.Minimum Focus Distance : 0.96 ft(AF) / 0.82 ft(MF) (0.29 m(AF) /…
- Dust and moisture resistant design, 9-blade circular aperture contributes to beautiful bokeh, ED glass with multi-coating…
- Compact and lightweight design matches a7 collection superbly, A linear actuator focusing mechanism for clean and quiet…
The 20mm wide-angle Sony lens for E-mount cameras
The sixth extensive angle Sony E-mount lens is the 20mm F2.8. Here’s what you’re going to love about this lens:
- It’s the least costly lens on our listing
- It’s the smallest, most compact lens on the listing
- and it nonetheless creates superior image high quality
Now, this lens doesn’t supply image stabilization, but to be trustworthy, that’s not too huge of a deal on such a wide angle lens. Sometimes, the broader the focal size, 20mm in this case, the much less influence digital camera shake has on the quality of the image.
One thing clients have raved about this lens is the shortage of distortion it creates. Ever see a large angle landscape shot with a curved horizon? This lens performs nicely at decreasing, if not eliminating such distortion. In fact, lens distortion is straightforward sufficient to right in post-production. But when you are able to do it in digital camera, that’s even higher yet.
- Superior Picture High quality
- Minimum Focus Distance : zero.66 ft (0.2 m), Maximum Magnification ratio : zero.12x
- Focal Size- 20 mm, Compact Length;Lens not Zoomable
- excellent worth and performance. Angle of View (APS-C)-70°. Maximum aperture (F)- 2.eight. 35 mm equal focal size…
- Broaden your view with a wide angle:From an enormous cliff to a stretching sandy seashore, fit all the things in with a 20 mm extensive…
RELATED POST: What Are Lens Acronyms — A Brief & Simple Rationalization
Wide Angle Sony e-Mount Lens Comparisons
As you possibly can see, our record of 6 vast angle Sony E-mount lenses provides you quite a lot of decisions on your subsequent gear buy. The truth is, each of those lenses supply totally different selling points corresponding to high-quality detail, smooth bokeh backgrounds, and quick, skilled efficiency.
Relying on which sort of look and elegance you’re hoping to realize, there’s a lens that’s good in your images. Which is greatest for you? Slender down the record based mostly on your price range. Then take into consideration your required focal size and aperture speeds. Contemplate different elements corresponding to measurement and weight and, before long, you’ll have your top choice!
Are you a Sony consumer already utilizing one of many lens we mentioned above? Be happy to let us know your ideas and experience with the lenses we have now coated on this article!
Notice: Final Amazon.com Worth Update: 2019-05-30 | Seek advice from our Affiliate Disclosure and Disclaimer.
♥ Subscribe to our weekly Images Publication: